Please read the Terms and Conditions of the official Budapest Card before making your purchase, or filling out your Budapest Card. Budapest deals are great, but it is good to know what you can expect when you have a Budapest Card (expires on March 31, 2018).
Book online and get a Budapest Card & Free Hotel Delivery
Budapest Cards: Official Cards
The official city card of Budapest is meant for tourists visiting the Hungarian capital, offering free public transport and 10-100% discounts on Budapest attractions.
- 24-hour Budapest Card: 6,490 HUF / 22 EUR
- 48-hour Budapest Card: 9,990 HUF / 33 EUR
- 72-hour Budapest Card: 12,990 HUF / 44 EUR
- 96-hour Budapest Card: 15,990 HUF / 54 EUR
- 120-hour Budapest Card: 18,900 HUF / 64 EUR
Best of Budapest Card Deals
- Free use of the Budapest public transport vehicles for 1 Adult and 1 Child under 6: Metros, Streetcars, Buses, Trolley Buses, Millennium Underground, Cogwheel Railway, Public Boats and HEV suburban railway (within the administrative boundary of Budapest). Excluding: Buda Castle Funicular (aka Siklo), Buda Hill Chairlift (aka Libego). Exception: Bus 100E is not included.
- 2 Free Walking Tours in English: No previous registration is needed for the free walking tours as these guaranteed walks that start at a set time (in all weather conditions). The Buda Castle Budget walking tour (also a stand alone tour sold separately) guides you around on the Buda side, up in the Castle District. If you have a Budapest Card please do not register, only if you wish to buy the tour separately. The other tour is on the Pest side, showing the city centre attractions. Usually the walks are 2–2.5 hours long with an English speaking tour guide. The tours run on national holidays and in rainy / snowy weather too, including Dec 24, Dec 31 or Jan 1.
- Free Entry to Lukacs Thermal Baths – one free visit to the thermal bath called Lukacs Furdo
- Free Entry to 12 top museums (permanent exhibits only): Budapest History Museum, Kiscelli Museum, Aquincum Museum and Archaeological Park, Hungarian National Gallery, Vasarely Museum. UPDATE: the Museum of Fine Arts is closed until March 2018, but many of its exhibits are temporarily displayed at the Hungarian National Gallery in the Buda Castle building.
- 60+ further Budapest Discounts of 10-50% (thermal baths in Budapest, museums, sights, events in Budapest, sightseeing tours and restaurants)
How to Fill out Budapest Card?
Please fill in the boxes on the backside of your Budapest Card and sign the card. Your Budapest Card is only valid with the date and signature provided. Please note that if you do not fill out your Budapest Card, and start using the public transport vehicles with an empty card you will be fined. Please follow our step by step guide on How to Fill out your Budapest Card
Please write the starting date into the boxes on the back of the card, the time from when you would like to use your card. The first box is reserved for the month, the following box for the day, and the last box is for the hour (the last full hour elapsed on that day). Please complete all of the three boxes (for instance, June 27, 14:15 would be: 06 27 14).
Please make sure that the data are accurate as a card with corrected or unreadable data is no longer valid and cannot be used, replaces or refunded.
Budapest Card Not Transferable
The Budapest Card is personalized and is non-transferable. The owner of a Budapest Card may make use of its free entries and discounts between 1st April 2014 – 31st March 2015. You can buy or order the Budapest Card as a Gift for another person visiting Budapest, but the card holder will need to sign the Budapest Card.
During the validity of your Budapest Card you may travel on all public transport vehicles of Budapest, except the Funicular and the Chairlift. Your Budapest Card ensures free and stress free trips on Metros, Streetcars, Buses, Trolley Buses, Millennium Underground, Cogwheel Railway, Budapest Public Boats and HEV Suburban Railways. To travel by public transport, it is enough to show your card at the start of your trip or at ticket inspection. You can use your card on all public vehicles within the border of Budapest, in all zones. Please note that nearby villages and towns, like Szentendre, Etyek, etc. are outside Budapest.
Discounts offered by this card are available only at points of acceptance and for the services indicated in the booklet given at purchase. Edition of the Budapest Card brochure and services were closed on 14th March 2014. Budapest Card Partners reserve the right to change their tour / entry prices and opening hours, which may result in differences from the Budapest Card Booklet or website information, therefore, BFTK Non-profit Ltd. is not in a position to assume any responsibility for their accuracy. Please ask for information about discounts and services offered at the Budapest Card Accepting Places, or before your visit via email / phone / in person as shown on the website of the Budapest Card partners.
Please note that unused cards cannot be exchanged or redeemed. Self-corrected or wrongly filled out Budapest Cards are not refunded or replaces.
How to Recover a Stolen, Lost or Damaged Budapest Card?
If you register your Budapest Card, you may be able to recover a stolen / lost / damaged Budapest Card on a single occasion within the time frame of your card’s validity. Registration of Budapest Cards is at the following page: Budapest Card Registration. Please provide the unique identification serial number on the Budapest Card (Card Number), along with the required data.
Please note that if your card has expired you cannot recover your card any more. Recovery is only possible if you register your card. Unregistered cards cannot be recovered. Self-corrected or wrongly filled out Budapest Cards are not considered to be damaged cards therefore cannot be recovered.