Enjoy the benefits of the official Budapest Card in 2019 and make savings when visiting top attractions in Budapest, Hungary or taking many free rides on the Budapest public transport vehicles. The 2019 Budapest Card will expire on March 31, 2020.
Visit the best sights in the city with free entries, and make use of the many great discounts offered by the partners of the Budapest Tourism Board.
Budapest Card is a 2 in 1 Budapest tourist card & travel pass: the combined card offers the following benefits until March 31, 2020 via the partners of Budapest Tourism Office.
Budapest Card Benefits
Free Entries to Top Budapest Attractions with Budapest Card
- Free Budapest public transport: you can travel freely in all zones / districts in Budapest for 24 hour / 48 hour/ 72 hours as seen on your Budapest Card on the public transport vehicles of Budapest, trams, buses, trolley buses, HEV suburban trains (inside Budapest), and all 4 metro lines (the exceptions are the historical Funicular and the vehicles outside the city of Budapest). The card is for 1 Adult. (Please note that Budapest Cards entitle guests to 15% discount on the miniBud Airport transfer).
- 2 Free Budapest Walking Tours: each city tour is approx. 2 – 2.5 hour sightseeing walking tour
- Lukacs Baths: free entry on any day for a single visit (you can stay for a full day during the opening hours) to the thermal bath of Lukacs Bath on the Buda side, by the Margaret Island. Note: the free entry does not provide a free entry to Budapest Bath parties Only the ticket is free (it includes a locker), but massage treatments are not included. The bath is open all week, including national holidays, like Christmas or New Year.
- Buda Castle: free entry into most of the buildings of the historical Buda Castle. No tour inside the building included. You can book a Buda Castle Tour at a low cost, great value, or a more complex castle tour with Funicular / Matthias Church etc. Your Budapest Card only offers a free visit inside the buildings without a guide though.
- Hungarian National Gallery: free entry to the permanent Hungarian art exhibitions in the National Gallery (Nemzeti Galeria is in the Buda Castle). Note: temporary exhibitions are not included. (closed on Mondays)
- Budapest History Museum: free entry to the permanent exhibitions (Budapest Torteneti Museum is in Buda Castle) Note: temporary exhibitions are not included in the Budapest Card.(closed on Mondays)
- Hungarian National Museum: free entry to the permanent exhibitions in the Hungarian National Museum (Nemzeti Muzeum) where you can see the Hungarian coronation mantle. The museum is in the city centre, near Astoria Square. Note: temporary exhibitions are not included in the Budapest Card. (closed on Mondays)
- Hall of Arts also known as the Kunsthalle, free entry to the contemporary art museum and a historic building located by Budapest City Park, on the scenic Heroes’ Square. (closed on Mondays)
- Museum of Fine Arts: free entry to the permanent exhibitions in the Museum of Fine Arts near the City Park on Heroes’ Square. (closed on Mondays)
- Aquincum Museum: free entry to the permanent exhibition of the Roman times remains of Pannonia in the area of Budapest (in Old Buda / Aquincum, District III) (closed on Mondays)
- Mai Mano House of Photography: free entry to the permanent photo exhibitions of the House of Photography in Budapest city centre in a gorgeous building. (open every day, Mon – Sun, 2pm – 7pm)
- Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Center: free entry to the permanent photo exhibitions of the Contemporary Photography Center in the city centre of Budapest, District VI. (open every day, Mon – Sun, 11am – 7pm)
- Ludwig Museum of Contemporary Arts: free entry to the contemporary art exhibitions and installations in the leading modern art museum in Budapest. This museum collects and displays masterworks of modern and contemporary art, containing many valuable pieces of American pop art history such as Andy Warhol, yet focusing on Eastern and Central European art. Open 10-8pm. (closed on Mondays).
- Hungarian Museum of Trade and Tourism: free entry to one of the best museums in Budapest with many interactive items used for commerce and tourism in older Hungary, location close to Arpad Bridge in Old Buda (Obuda) district of Budapest. (closed on Mondays)
- Hopp Ferenc Eastern Asian Museum free entry to the exhibitions of Asian culture (Indian, Tibetan, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Mongolian items on display) on Andrassy Avenue (closed on Mondays)
- Vasarely Museum free entry to the permanent exhibitions displaying Victor Vasarely’s op art works based on optical illusions (closed on Mondays)
- Kiscelli Museum: free entry to the permanent exhibitions in the museum set in a Baroque monastery displaying the 18th-21st century history of Budapest city life (in Old Buda, District III) (closed on Mondays)
- New Budapest Gallery free entry to the art exhibitions in the gallery located by the river Danube in the Whaleback shaped glass building behind the Budapest Market Hall (closed on Mondays)
- Bela Bartok Memorial House, Budapest: free entry to the permanent exhibition about Bela Bartok in the Hungarian composer’s previous house in Budapest. (open Tue – Sun, 10am – 5pm)
- Budapest Communist Memento Park: free entry to see the gigantic statues that used to be on display in Communist Hungary before 1989. An open air museum on the outskirts of Budapest.
- Museum of the Hungarian Customs and Taxation History: free entry to the exhibition showing Hungary’s tax history (its smuggling exhibits were destroyed in WW2) in the Art Nouveau Schiffer Villa in Budapest. (closed on Sundays)
- 3D cinema – free entry to the mini movie about the Hungarian history in the 700 years old Rock Chapel (Sziklakapolna) in the Buda Castle
- Mary Magdalene Church Tower free entry to the ruinous Hungarian medieval church in the Buda Castle District. (winter opening hours limited).
- Pal-Volgyi Cave: free entry to the underground cave system in Budapest (affordable guided tours available)
- Zugliget Chairlift: free return ticket with a Budapest Card on the two-seat open cable chairs in the Buda Hills, which cover the 1,040 meter length of the cableway in 15 minutes.
- Science Center for Children (CSoPa) free entry to CsoPa, which is an interactive science play house for kids in Budapest with loads of science activities, perfect for rainy rays. There are also special physics show in English (every weekend and on holidays, from 2pm).
- Scitec Fitness Club: free entry for one visit at the huge and modern Scitec fitness centre in the 9th district in Budapest (District IX). The club is open 24h.
- Urban Public Transport Museum in Szentendre: free entry to the museum dedicated to showcasing the legacy of many old vehicles in the Budapest Public Transport system. Visitors will have the chance to look at approx. 70 vintage vehicles, hundreds of photos, documents and other memorabilia. (Closed on Mondays, limited opening season from Apr 1 to Oct 31)
- Hungarian Festival of Crafts (Mestersegek Unnepe) free entry to the Festival of Crafts in Buda Castle Budapest is a celebration of Hungarian Crafts every August ending on Aug 20.
- Valid on any day for the hours specified on the plastic card of Budapest card, from the hour of first use until the last hour as specified on the Budapest Card (24h, 48h, 72h)
- Validate by Signing with ball point pen (please do not use felt tip pens, markers, or pencils to sign your card)
25-50% Discount on Outstanding Budapest Sights
- Traditional Horse Show at the LÁZÁR Equestrian Park: 50% off of the price. Guests can visit the farmyard with traditional Hungarian domestic animals, the race horse stable and the Champions’ Hall, where the trophies of the 21-time carriage driving champion Lázár Brothers are on display. Guests then can enjoy a 40-minute horse show, followed by a horse cart ride in the nearly forest. Booking is required.
- Godollo Royal Palace: 50% off the price. The discount is for admission to the Baroque Theatre, Horthy bunker and 3D cinema + Royal and aristocratic equestrian culture exhibition.
- Chefparade Cooking Budapest: 30% discount. Chefparade Cooking Budapest welcomes foreign guests with a fully equipped cooking studio and trained chefs, who divulge the secrets of Hungarian gastronomy while preparing genuine Hungarian dishes.
- Hungarian Institute of Musicology: 50% off the entry tickets.
- Hospital in the Rock museum and underground Cold War hospital with wax figures: 30% off the museum entry
- Castle Garden Bazaar: 20-30% off the price of the exhibitions in the Castle Garden Bazaar in the Buda Castle
- Miniversum Budapest 30% off to the entry of a child friendly exhibition with miniature towns, vehicles in Budapest.
- Budapest Zoo: 25% off the zoo entry prices. Please note that some of the buildings of the Zoo charge an additional entry fee, but most buildings and places are included in the general admission.
- Treasury in Basilica: 25% off the entry
10-30% Discount on more Budapest Attractions
Get a nice discount on Budapest Baths with your Budapest Card, and enjoy reduced prices in a range of sights in the city.
- Fisherman’s Bastion (Halaszbastya) panorama (lookout) towers: 10% discount on the ticket price to the top of the bastion (the lower balconies are free, the upper towers can be entered with a fee, open every day)
- St Stephen’s Basilica – Panorama Lookout: 15% off
- St Stephen’s Basilica – Treasury: 25% off
- Gellert Spa: 20% discount on the thermal spa tickets in Gellert Spa Baths (not the spa treatments)
- Szechenyi Bath: 20% discount on the thermal spa tickets in Szechenyi Baths (not the spa treatments)
- Rudas Baths, Turkish Thermal (Rudas Furdo): 20% discount on the Rudas bath tickets
- Dohany Street Synagogue: 10% off the entry fee to the biggest Synagogue building in Europe
- Hungarian Jewish Museum and Archives: 10% discount on the museum entry
- Holocaust Memorial Center: 10% discount on the entry
- Organ Concerts in St Stephen’s Basilica: 10% off the concert fees in the Basilica
- Gala Concerts in the Danube Palace: 10% off the concert fees
- Hungarian Folk Shows in Budapest: 10% off entry fees
- Musica Mundi Orgona Concerts: 15% off
- Budapest Summer Festival concerts (on Margaret Island and in Varosmajor Theatre): 20% off the prices organized by the Budapest Summer Festival, Szabadter (mostly concerts on Margitsziget and in the Theatre in Varosmajor)
- Palatinus Pool and Thermal Baths (Palatinus Strand): 20% off the pool tickets
- Kiraly Baths Turkish thermal (Kiraly Furdo): 20% off the bath tickets
- Romai Pool and Thermal Baths (Romai Strand): 20% off the pool tickets
- Aquaworld water slide and pools – north of Budapest: 30% off entries
- Water Tower on Margaret Island: Art Nouveau observatory tower and exhibition hall on Margitsziget: 20% off the ticket prices
- Tower in Basilica: 15% off the entry ticket
- 2pm Lunch Cruise: 10% off the ticket
- Sightseeing cruises on the Danube river cruises in Budapest: 10-20% off cruise fees depending on the cruise&guide programs
- Zwack Museum and Visitor Centre: 15% off entries
- Innercity Parish Church: 20% off
- CSOPA Playbar: 50% off
- Urban Betyar Museum: 50% off
- A38 Restaurant: 10% off
- Hard Rock Cafe: 10% off
- Tropicarium: 15% off
- Szemlo-Hegy Cave: 20% off the entry
- Mandala Day Spa: 20% off the entry
20% – 50% Discount on Budapest Sightseeing Tours
Some of the best city tours in Budapest on foot, by bus, in selected attractions. Get a generous discount on tour prices in Budapest, Hungary.
- Budapest Hop on Hop off: 3 offers from various companies. The bus tours with City Tour Hop on Hop off mean 20% off the price with a Budapest Card. HOHO bus tours with Program Centrum (including a 48-hour HOHO ticket, 2 one-hour boat rides, 2 Budapest walking tours) offer 20% off the price with the Budapest card. The hop on hop off bus tours with Big Bus HOHO offer 10% off the bus tour price with your Budapest Card.
- 3.5h guided walking tour from Buda Castle to Parliament: 50% off
- Ic- Tour Bicycle-Scooter-Segway renting: 50% off
- Duna Corso Budapest Sightseeing Boat: 40% off
- Budapest Opera Tours: 20% discount on the price of the guided tours in the Hungarian State Opera House (not the opera shows) – Temporarily not available
- Guided Tours in the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music with 50% discount
- Guided Tours in the Vigado Concert Hall with 50% discount
- Budapest City Bike Tours: 25% off the bike tour prices in Budapest
- Budapest Tuk Tuk: 20 % off
10% Discount on Budapest Tours
Get 10% discount on selected Budapest sightseeing tours on boat or on foot.
- Riverride Bus & Boat tours on the floating bus: 10% discount on the price of the River ride tour
- Budapest Pinball Museum: 10% discount
- Bike and Relax, bicycle renting: 10% off
- Puskas Memorial and Etyek wine Tasting Tour: 10 % off
Further Budapest Card benefits: Restaurants
Budapest Card Accepting Places
Benefits and Accepting Places in 2019 (until 31/03/20)
Each year the price of the Budapest Cards may undergo some slight changes, new partners / attractions may join, previous partners may decide to opt out or change their discount fares. Please check the list of attractions and activities of the Budapest Card before making your purchase to make sure you get the most out of the card. Also we suggest making some flexible plans for your city visit to find out which card / which length works best for your plans, whether it’s a short card you benefit the most from (the 24 hour card) or a longer card that allows you to see more sights at a relaxed pace.