Enjoy the benefits of the official Budapest Card in 2016 / 2017 (conditions will change after March 31, 2017).
Top sights, many great discounts from the partners of Budapest Tourist Office. Budapest Card is a 2 in 1 Budapest tourist card & travel pass: the combined card offers the following benefits for the date range: April 1, 2016 – March 31, 2017 via the partners of Budapest Tourism Office. From March 31, 2017 the prices may remain the same, and most of the major advantages and free entries will be the same, but there are usually some slight changes from year to year.
Budapest Card Benefits
Free Entries to Top Budapest Attractions with Budapest Card
- Free Budapest public transport: all zones / districts in Budapest for 24 hour / 48 hour/ 72 hours as seen on your Budapest Card. For 1 Adult.
- 2 Free Budapest Walking Tours: each city tour is approx. 2 – 2.5 hour sightseeing walking tour
- Lukacs Baths: free entry to the thermal bath by Margaret Island (does not provide free entry to Budapest Bath parties) (open all week)
- Buda Castle: free entry into most of the buildings of the historical Buda Castle. No tour inside included. You can book a Buda Castle Tour at a low cost, great value.
- Hungarian National Gallery: free entry to the permanent exhibitions in the National Gallery (Nemzeti Galeria is in the Buda Castle) (closed on Mondays)
- Budapest History Museum: free entry to the permanent exhibitions (Budapest Torteneti Museum is in Buda Castle) (closed on Mondays)
- Hungarian National Museum: free entry to the permanent exhibitions in the National Museum (Nemzeti Muzeum is near Astoria Square) (closed on Mondays)
- Aquincum Museum: free entry to the permanent exhibition (in Old Buda / Aquincum, District III) (closed on Mondays)
- Mai Mano House of Photography: free entry to the permanent exhibitions of the House of Photography. (open Mon – Sun, 2pm – 7pm)
- Robert Capa Contemporary Photography Center: free entry to the permanent exhibitions of the Contemporary Photography Center in Budapest. (open Mon – Sun, 2pm – 7pm)
- Vasarely Museum: unfortunately closed until Spring 2017
- Kiscell Museum: free entry to the permanent exhibitions (in Old Buda, District III) (closed on Mondays)
- Hopp Ferenc Eastern Asian Museum (on Andrassy Avenue, open from Tue – Sun) (closed on Mondays)
- New Budapest Gallery (located by the river Danube in the Whaleback shaped glass building behind the Budapest Market Hall) (closed on Mondays)
- Bela Bartok Memorial House, Budapest: free entry to the permanent exhibition about Bela Bartok in the Hungarian composer’s previous house in Budapest. (open Tue – Sun, 10am – 5pm)
- Budapest Communist Memento Park: free entry to the Communist open air museum in Budapest
- Museum of the Hungarian Finance Guard and Taxation History: free entry
- 3D cinema about the Hungarian history in the 700 years old Rock Chapel in the Buda Castle: free ticket
- Trezory Non Stop Safe Rental, near Deak Ferenc ter, open non stop, everyday.
- Dorottya Diamond Palace Museum Caprice: the largest and unique collection of loose diamonds and jewelry in Europe on 6 Dorottya street 6. Budapest, H- 1051.
- Valid on any day for the hours specified on the plastic card of Budapest card, from the hour of first use until the last hour as specified on the Budapest Card (24h, 48h, 72h)
- Validate by Signing with ball point pen (please do not use felt tip pens, markers, or pencils to sign your card)
Note: Museum of Fine Arts on Heroes’ Square is under reconstruction until 2018. Unfortunately the earlier Budapest Card free entry cannot be used during reconstruction.
25-50% Discount on Outstanding Budapest Sights
- Vintage Car Collection Budapest also known as the Dream Cars Collection of Old Cars: 50% discount on the museum tickets (off the city center, also for joyrides)
- Hospital in the Rock museum and underground Cold War hospital with wax figures: 30% off the museum entry
- Castle Garden Bazaar: 30% off the price of the exhibitions in the Castle Garden Bazaar in the Buda Castle
- Budapest Science & Technology Playhouse also called Centre of Wonders: 30% discount on the entry fees
- Miniversum Budapest 30% off
- Budapest Zoo: 25% off the zoo entry prices.
- Arany Sas Pharmacy Museum: 50% off the entry prices. Medieval Alchemy Lab and medicinal tools and items from the Middle Ages in the Buda Castle District.
- Ludwig Museum: 50% off the entry prices. This museum collects and displays masterworks of modern and contemporary art, containing many valuable pieces of American pop art history such as Andy Warhol, yet focusing on Eastern and Central European art.
- Semmelweis Museum of Medical History: 50% off the entry prices.
10-30% Discount on more Budapest Attractions
Get a nice discount on Budapest Baths with your Budapest Card, and enjoy reduced prices in a range of sights in the city.
- Hungarian Museum of Applied Arts: 20% off the entry price to the permanent exhibitions in the Museum of Applied Arts (Iparmuveszeti Muzeum is near Ulloi Way, closed on Mon)
- Fisherman’s Bastion (Halaszbastya) panorama towers: 10% discount on the ticket price to the top of the bastion (the lower balconies are free, the upper towers can be entered with a fee, open every day)
- Gellert Spa: 20% discount on the thermal spa tickets in Gellert Spa Baths (not the spa treatments)
- Szechenyi Bath: 20% discount on the thermal spa tickets in Szechenyi Baths (not the spa treatments)
- Rudas Baths, Turkish Thermal (Rudas Furdo): 20% discount on the Rudas bath tickets
- Budapest Kunsthalle (Hall of Arts on Heroes’ Square): 20% discount on the museum entry tickets
- Castle Museum Nagyteteny: 20% discount on the museum entry
- Dohany Street Synagogue: 10% off the entry fee to the biggest Synagogue building in Europe
- Hungarian Jewish Museum and Archives: 10% discount on the museum entry
- Organ Concerts in St Stephen’s Basilica: 10% off the concert fees in the Basilica
- Hungarian Folk Shows in Budapest: 10% off entry fees
- Danube Symphony Orchestra classical concerts in the Danube Palace Budapest: 10% off prices
- Budapest Summer Festival concerts (on Margaret Island and in Varosmajor Theatre): 20% off the prices organized by the Budapest Summer Festival, Szabadter (mostly concerts on Margitsziget and in the Theatre in Varosmajor)
- Palatinus Pool and Thermal Baths (Palatinus Strand): 20% off the pool tickets
- Kiraly Baths Turkish thermal (Kiraly Furdo): 20% off the bath tickets
- Dagaly Pool and Thermal Baths (Dagaly Strand): 20% off the pool tickets
- Romai Pool and Thermal Baths (Romai Strand): 20% off the pool tickets
- Aquaworld water slide and pools – north of Budapest: 30% off entries
- Water Tower on Margaret Island: Art Nouveau observatory tower and exhibition hall on Margitsziget: 20% off the ticket prices
- Sightseeing cruises on the Danube river cruises in Budapest – Legenda A La Carte Dinner Cruise Ltd: 10-20% off cruise fees depending on the cruise program
- Zwack Museum and Visitor Centre: 15% off entries
- Budapest Sea Life Aquarium called Tropicarium: 15% discount on the entry fees
- Erkel Theatre: 10% discount on the price of the ticket.
- Budapest Operatte and Musical Theatre: 5-10% discount on the price of the ticket.
- Etyeki Korda Studio: 10% discount on the price of the ticket. The studio is a state-of-art film studio complex located 30 km west of Budapest in the wine-making village of Etyek. The studio is named after Sir Alexander Korda, a Hungarian-born British film producer and director.
20% – 50% Discount on Budapest Sightseeing Tours
Some of the best city tours in Budapest on foot, by bus, in selected attractions. Get a generous discount on tour prices in Budapest, Hungary.
- Budapest Hop on Hop off: 3 offers from various companies. The hop on hop off bus tours with Big Bus HOHO or Mr Nils HoHo offer 20% off the bus tour price with your Budapest Card. The bus tours with City Tour Hop on Hop off mean 20% off the price with a Budapest Card. HOHO bus tours with Program Centrum (including a 48-hour HOHO ticket, 2 one-hour boat rides, 2 Budapest walking tours) offer 20% off the price with the Budapest card.
- 3.5h guided walking tour from Buda Castle to Parliament: 50% off
- Hungarian Museum of Trade and Tourism: 50% off the entry
- Budapest Opera Tours: 10% discount on the price of the guided tours in the Hungarian State Opera House (not the opera shows)
- Guided Tours in the Liszt Ferenc Academy of Music with 10% discount.
- Budapest Bike Tours from Cityrama: 20% off the bike tour prices in Budapest
- Scavenger Escape Game: 30% off the entry
- Airport Shuttle Bus To City Center in Budapest: 10% off the airport shuttle prices in Budapest
10% Discount on Budapest Tours
Get 10% discount on selected Budapest sightseeing tours on boat or on foot.
- Riverride Bus & Boat tours on the floating bus: 10% discount on the price of the River ride tour
- Budapest Airport Transfer with the Airport Minibus Shuttle City Transport: 10% discount on the airport transfer fee.
- ExperiDance dance theater shows: 10% discount on the price of the ticket, except for premieres and exclusive performances
- Budapest Pinball Museum: 10% discount
- City Park Ice Rink (Nov-Feb): 10% discount on skating prices
- Cultivini Wine Gallery: 10% off the wine tasting prices, 5% off from wine purchases.
Last but ot least: Free gift (Szamos Marzipan heart) at Szamos Chocolate Museum.
Further Budapest Card benefits: Restaurants
Budapest Card Accepting Places
Benefits and Accepting Places in 2017 (until 31/03/17)